Quiet and clean Republic trucks take aim at greenhouse gases
‘Yes, I think about suicide,’ students confess in surprising numbers
Tow operators: ‘Respect the peril’ by moving over, slowing down
OHS grad among Fitzgerald casualties
Tuskegee Airmen fought for U.S., civil rights
- Quiet and clean Republic trucks take aim at greenhouse gases - 8:51 am updated: 8:52 am.
- TB levy a must to avoid epidemic, commissioners say - 10:09 am updated: 2:05 pm.
- Dino-mite! - 9:57 am
- Oberlin Schools levy puts laptops on the line - 1:36 pm
- PHOTOS: Hoops competitors show off their skills - 10:49 am
- NOTHING BUT NET: Oberlin celebrates 35th Outdoor Basketball Festival - 10:47 am
- POLICE REPORTS - 10:44 am
- Deputies show off gear in Camden Twp. - 9:02 am
- Attorney general warns of summer scams - 3:08 pm
- OberlinKids to provide $20K in preschool scholarships - 2:52 pm
- Teenage violinists seek perfection - 12:37 pm updated: 3:13 pm.
- Hutson promoted, departs our office - 12:19 pm
- MAD Factory presents ‘Aida’ - 11:49 am
- Get your brush to the curb - 10:16 am
- Who is using libraries? Survey says millennials, but locally there’s a mix - 9:24 am
- Security and savings: Two goals for the school district - 4:20 pm
- NOYO to hold August auditions as participation booms - 10:37 am
- Credo Music Festival features free classical performances - 1:13 pm
- POLICE REPORTS - 11:23 am
- Outdoor basketball tournament celebrates 35 years - 2:20 pm
- Children’s author uses books to teach acceptance - 12:06 pm
- Filing deadline nearing for November candidates - 10:18 am
- ‘I’m no hero, I’m just Ed’ - 10:01 am
- Field narrows to seven candidates in Oberlin police chief search - 11:43 am
- Construction plan approved for North Pleasant and East College streets - 1:27 pm
OberlinKids to provide $20K in preschool scholarships
Grant dollars were recently awarded to OberlinKids from the Ohio Children’s Foundation in support of families paying for three-, four-, or five-...
Teenage violinists seek perfection
To the untrained ear, the 24 soloists competing in the 2017 Thomas and Evon Cooper International Competition are musical masterminds.But teenage violi...
Hutson promoted, departs our office
Tom Hutson has been promoted and has departed as publisher of the Lorain County Community Newspapers.He has been named one of four regional vice presi...
MAD Factory presents ‘Aida’
Courtesy photoNate Summers stars as Radames and Kymaia Gadsden shines in the title role of the MAD Factory’s production of “Aida.” T...
Get your brush to the curb
A special brush collection will be held the week of July 24 in the city of Oberlin.Brush must be cut in sections no longer than six feet and must be n...
Who is using libraries? Survey says millennials, but locally there’s a mix
Close your eyes and imagine someone at the public library. How old are they?Millennials — the generation currently ranging in age from 18 to 35 ...
TRACK AND FIELD: Phoenix have fast feet at PAC
Photos by Russ Gifford | Oberlin News-TribuneOberlin College hosted the two-day Patriot Athletic Conference meet, at which the Phoenix had some excell...
SOFTBALL: Barco has an amazing day
Photos by Russ Gifford | Civitas MediaHannah Barco and McKenzie Hendershot each nailed two RBIs in an 8-4 win over Firelands on April 25. Barco also f...
Anderson inducted into track hall of fame
Jay (Jehu) Anderson, a 1998 graduate of Oberlin High School, was among the six inductees April 13 to the Lorain County Track and Cross Country Hall of...
SOFTBALL: Returning big bats could spell success for Phoenix
A 16-12 regular season (7-9 PAC) earned the Oberlin Phoenix softball team a third place finish in the conference last season.A first round playoff los...
SOFTBALL: Falcons hope to bounce back with youth movement
After going 17-11 in coach Tim Phillips’ first season as coach, the Firelands Falcons softball team slipped to 11-15 (7-9 PAC) in 2016.The team ...
BOYS BASKETBALL: Phoenix and Falcons All-Stars
Photos by Russ Gifford | Oberlin News-TribuneOberlin’s Donald Johnson gets a dunk late in the Lorain County All-Stars Game while Firelands’...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Maple syrup season runs deep in Lorain County, warmer weather alters usual timeline
Maple syrup season usually encompasses the month of March, but warmer temperatures this year moved up that timeline for manufacturers in Lorain County...
‘Oberlin Through Brown Eyes’ to record oral histories
The everyday experiences of black Oberlinians are of tremendous value and ought to be preserved for future generations.That’s what Annessa Olive...
What are you thankful for?
Photos by Jonathan Delozier | Civitas MediaWe traveled to schools in Amherst, Oberlin, and Wellington to ask students what they are grateful for this ...
50 YEARS: Cleve and Marie Canham
Cleve and Marie Canham are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary this month. They were wed Nov. 26, 1966, in Davenport, Iowa.They have two childr...
Treasures on display as Oberlin Archives celebrate 50 years
In 1985, Ken Grossi visited the Oberlin Archives for the first time.He was a graduate student at Case Western University, conducting research on the f...
Artist Stephen Tomasko exhibits at Kendal Gallery
Photographs, graphite drawings, and encaustic paintings by artist Stephen Tomasko will be on display from March 29 to May 16 at the Kendal Gallery.The...
Are you disgusted? It could reveal your politics
Is your brain a Democrat or Republican?You may have seen this quiz floating around Facebook the past couple of weeks, and it’s an oddball.Let...
What Dad saw through his lens
My dad, Walter Gorske, was the one not in the insurance business. His was the business of fishing!After World War II he went into business with Ab Nor...
You’ll be old someday, too
Remember “Little House on the Prairie”?I remember an episode where two elderly ladies lived together. One passed away and her children all...
Who will take care of flooding?
To the editor:Twice in the past month, torrential rains in New Russia Township have caused flooding of roads, yards, and ditches.Due to lack of mainte...
HB 233 erodes gun-free zones
To the editor:As a teacher and a parent, I am extremely concerned about Ohio House Bill 233, which would exempt conceal carry gun owners from legal re...
Swindell is wrong about everything
To the editor:There’s CNN, then there’s MSNBC, and we have local whining we constantly read from Rob Swindell.Swindell claims it drives Do...