The Oberlin Heritage Center’s Community Awards program, now in its 15th year, is accepting nominations of individuals, businesses, and organizations whose outstanding accomplishments are in keeping with the Heritage Center’s mission to “preserve and share Oberlin’s unique history and to make the community a better place to live, learn, work, and visit.”
Anyone may submit a nomination. Award categories include:
• Community Historian – To be given to an individual who contributes to the knowledge of the history of the Oberlin community through research, writing, or educating others.
• Heritage Guardian Award – To be given to an individual or group dedicated to the ideals of conservation and preservation and who serves the community as a leader in preserving Oberlin’s history, historical records, or historic buildings.
• Teacher of the Year Awards – To be given to area educators who inspire students to get involved in history, historic preservation, or community service.
• Keep Oberlin Beautiful Award – To be given to an individual, business, or organization that helps to enhance the aesthetics and appearance of the community.
• Oberlin Heritage Center Volunteer of the Year Award – To be given to a volunteer who makes extraordinary contributions of time and talent to the Oberlin Heritage Center.
• Business Leader Service Award – To be presented to a business that provided exceptional support to the Oberlin Heritage Center in services or other contributions.
• Youth Community Service Award – For a young person who makes extraordinary contributions of time and talent to the Oberlin Heritage Center.
Previous awardees, current Oberlin Heritage Center trustees, and paid staff members are not eligible for awards.
Entry forms, which include a listing of previous award winners, are available at www.oberlinheritagecenter.org.
The deadline to make a nomination is Feb. 1. Award recipients will be notified in March and will be invited to attend the Oberlin Heritage Center’s Annual Meeting on April 6 to receive their awards.
For more information, contact the Oberlin Heritage Center at 440 774-1700 or email@example.com.