• July 20 at 9:10 p.m.: Dennis Adams, 22, of Vermilion, was charged with obstructing official business and arrested on an active warrant through the Norwalk police. A report said Adams allegedly tried to steal a futon from Wal-Mart before seeing an officer watching him and he would not provide the police with his correct name.
• July 21 at 7:21 a.m.: Katie Jackiewiecz, 29, of Oberlin, was arrested on an active warrant through the Brooklyn police and Howard Tokay, 30, of Oberlin, was arrested on an active warrant through the Elyria police.
• July 21 at 2:11 p.m.: Police responded to a 16-year-old girl missing from her home. A woman told police the girl was supposed to return home after work but had not returned. The girl returned home later that night and threatened to kill herself, according to a report. Officers took the girl to the Nord Center for evaluation.
• July 21 at 4 p.m: Nicholaus Shores, 23, of Elyria, was arrested on a contempt warrant through the Cuyahoga County Sheriff’s Office.
• July 22 at 12:10 a.m.: Police responded to a possible fight behind the Oberlin Inn between a man with knife, two women, and another man. A report said officers chased the man with the knife but lost sight of him.
• July 22 at 9:07 a.m.: Trevor White, 19, of Spencer, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and wrongful entrustment. A report said an officer issued a traffic stop after running a vehicle registration and discovering the owner had a felony indictment warrant. The officer found a juvenile driving the vehicle without a license and he was issued a citation.
• July 22 at 5:53 p.m.: Ethan Thomas, 18, of Oberlin, was charged with burglary, possession of marijuana, and failure to comply. A report said Thomas, two minors, and another man were seen breaking into a second floor apartment on South Main Street and fled the scene. A man recorded the whole incident on his cell phone and provided it to police.
Police were able to locate and arrest Thomas and the two juveniles, but are still looking for the other man identified as Joey Rodriquez. The juveniles were transported to the Lorain County Detention Home and the incident is being forwarded to the juvenile court for consideration of charges of burglary, possession of marijuana, and underage possession of tobacco and cigarettes.