• Oct. 24 at 4:15 p.m.: A juvenile suspect was apprehended in an alleged theft of a pair of Air Force One tennis shoes.
• Oct. 25 at 11:55 a.m.: A $400 trailer was reported stolen from a residence on Woodland Street.
• Oct. 26 at 10:25 a.m.: Police were made aware of standing orders for the arrest of a student at the Lorain County Academy on North Pleasant Street. They served the warrant and arrested the suspect.
• Oct. 27 at 3:54 a.m.: A bag of suspected marijuana, glass smoking device, and a spice grinder were turned over to police by Oberlin College security.
• Oct. 27 at 8:10 p.m.: Residents reported rapid gun fire on East Hamilton Street. Police found two suspects believed to have been discharging shotguns at targets within the city limits. The prosecutor’s office will consider charges.
• Oct. 29 at 12:58 a.m.: A stop sign was discovered missing at Woodland and Union streets. A mobile replacement sign placed at the intersection was later also stolen.
• Oct. 30 at 12:49 a.m.: A North Main Street man complained someone had turfed his lawn. A woman at his home, Elyce Jordan, had a warrant through the Amherst police department for contempt of court on an original charge of larceny. She was arrested and turned over to Amherst police.
• Oct. 30 at 3:55 a.m.: Amy Sweet was arrested on a contempt of court warrant through the Avon Lake Municipal Court on an original child support charge. She was also charged with driving under suspension.
Editor’s note: Though charged, defendants are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.