• March 20 at noon: Several small marijuana plants were found on Oberlin College property. They were turned over to police by college security.
• March 20 at 9:23 p.m.: A rolled cigarette containing suspected marijuana was turned over to police by Oberlin College security.
• March 20 at 2:30 p.m.: A breaking-and-entering complaint was made by a builder on Reserve Avenue, who reported $2,420 worth of tolls taken.
• March 22 at 1:58 a.m.: A man said he received a text message from a person who claimed to be outside his home with a gun and was planning to shoot him. The issue apparently arose over a ride from Canton to Oberlin during which the suspect’s vehicle became lodged in the alleged victim’s trunk.
• March 22 at 5:20 p.m.: Matthew Wilson, 35, of Elyria, was arrested on a warrant through the Lorain County Sheriff’s Office for child neglect.
• March 24 at 2:44 a.m.: Derrian Yarber, 18, of Oberlin, was arrested on a warrant through the Lorain County Sheriff’s Office for contempt of court on an original charge of domestic violence. Yarber also had charged through Amherst police of assault, endangering children, domestic violence, violating a protection order, and criminal damaging or endangering.
Editor’s note: Though charged, defendants are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU