• May 4 at 9:10 p.m.: Andrew Dillon, 48, of Birmingham, was arrested on a warrant through the Lorain County Sheriff’s Office on an original change of violating a protection order.
• May 4 at 11:45 p.m.: Kenneth Miranda, 22, of Oberlin, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear in a Wayne County court on a speeding ticket.
• May 5 at 1:07 a.m.: A man attempted to end his life at the Hotel at Oberlin. He was taken for evaluation at Mercy Allen Hospital.
• May 7 at midnight: A man overdosed on heroin and was taken to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment. Another man, Jeffrey Arndt, was charged with obstructing official business.
• May 7 at 12:09 a.m.: Police investigated a domestic violence incident on Groveland Street and requested a warrant for one of the parties. The suspect allegedly threw chairs around a residence and pushed and punched a woman, pulling hair from her head.
• May 7 at 5:30 p.m.: A glass pipe containing marijuana residue was turned over to police by Oberlin College security.
• May 7 at 11:06 p.m.: A juvenile told police his friend was threatening to take his own life, prompting a welfare check. A girl was taken to the hospital for evaluation.
• May 10 at 2:42 a.m.: A steel door was damaged, apparently when someone tried to break into a West College Street residence. An older man, who fell while investigating and was badly hurt, told police he saw an unfamiliar vehicle running nearby.
• May 11 at 12:16 p.m.: A laptop was reported stolen from an Oberlin College dormitory.
Editor’s note: Though charged, defendants are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU