• May 12 at 8:33 a.m.: A student was arrested at the Lorain County Academy on North Pleasant Street.
• May 12 at 6:17 p.m.: Responding to a crash at Rt. 58 and US 20, officers smelled marijuana. A tray with suspected marijuana was found under the front passenger seat of the vehicle in question, along with a digital scale in the driver’s door pocket and almost-empty plastic baggies in various other locations.
• May 15 at 11:59 p.m.: Jose Algarin, 35, of Oberlin, was arrested on a warrant through the Elyria police department for failure to appear in court on an original charge of theft.
• May 16 at 9:50 a.m.: An Oberlin College student reported a missing suitcase missing.
• May 16 at 3:29 p.m.: Hanging flower baskets were stolen from ACE Hardware on Rt. 58.
• May 17 at 2 p.m.: A cell phone was reported stolen from the Hotel at Oberlin.
• May 19 at 2:10 p.m.: More flowers were reported stolen from ACE Hardware. Marvin Edwards, 50, of Oberlin, was charged with theft, resisting arrest, and criminal damaging. A police report said he at first locked himself in a bathroom when officers showed up at his home, but later exited. During the arrest, officers took him to the ground multiple times; he refused to put his legs in a cruiser, and had to be pulled into the car from the opposite side. Police were unable to find the flower mats when executing a search warrant on Sumner Street.
• May 21 at 3:22 p.m.: A wallet was reported stolen from a vehicle parked on South Main Street.
Editor’s note: Though charged, defendants are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.