Five acts will help mark the 25th anniversary of the Oberlin Business Partnership’s free Summer Concert Series, presented from 7-9 p.m. on Fridays at the Clark Bandstand on Tappan Square.
Food will be available on the square this year for the first time. Lorenzo’s will sell pizza by the slice, The Feve will have a food truck, and Debz Doggz will have hot dogs and other items for sale.
• June 30: Emily Keener will perform with members of the former Womach Family Band of Norwalk. Keener, 18, is a singer-songwriter from Wakeman. Since her journey into the top 12 on season 10 of NBC’s “The Voice” in 2015, Emily has been writing and recording diligently.
• July 7: Nitebridge will play popular songs from the 1960s to 1980s. The Cleveland band was formed by Moss Stanley more than three decades ago; he still leads Nitebridge, performing for audiences in clubs and bars and at weddings, bar mitzvahs, and benefits. Moss has been musical director for Broadway musicals and has performed with the likes of Martha Reeves, Spyro Gyra, Chuck Berry, Blood Sweat & Tears, and Robert Lockwood Jr.
• July 14: The Classic Rock Trio of Jim Tigue (guitar/vocals), Eroc Sosinski (bass/guitar/vocals) and Jon Darling (drummer) has a wide knowledge of songs from the rock, pop, and folk genres. They play danceable classic rock that can be enjoyed by the entire family.
• July 21: Soul Proprioters, a progressive folk rock band founded by Dave Parsh in 2007, features a large and multi- generational band sound including a full horn section and violin. In 2010 Soul Proprioters released their CD “Individuality.” Their repertoire has expanded to include covers from The Rolling Stones to Chicago to Jason Mraz.
The night also features a community picnic at 5:30 p.m.
• July 28: The Ultimate Johnny Cash Experience featuring Terry Lee Goffee covers the 50-year career of an American music legend. Goffee takes on the persona of the Man in Black in a performance that incorporates the guitar slinging body movements that were a Johnny Cash trademark.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU