• July 11 at 1:20 a.m.: A man suspected of ringing a Locust Street doorbell in the middle of the night and acting strangely was questioned by police, who say they believe he has been involved in several such incidents.
• July 11 at 4:13 p.m.: A laptop computer was reportedly stolen from a desk at Senior Enrichment Services of Oberlin on East College Street.
• July 12 at 10:12 a.m.: Michael Uffman, 31, of Cleveland, turned himself in on a warrant for failure to appear in court.
• July 13 at 4:33 p.m.: Danielle Coy, 35, of Wakeman, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear before a probation officer.
• July 13 at 9:07 p.m.: Police responded to an East Lorain Street residence where a man allegedly said he would take his own life. He was taken to Mercy Regional Medical Center in Lorain for evaluation.
• July 15 at 12:09 a.m.: A man was taken to Mercy Allen Hospital after being punched and falling to the ground in front of Subway on South Main Street. He was bleeding heavily from a wound on the back of his head, according to police. The man was later flown to MetroHealth Medical Center in Cleveland. Police talked to a suspect who said he hit the man and stayed on scene once he saw how badly the victim was hurt. The matter has been sent to the Lorain County Court of Common Pleas grand jury for consideration of charges.
Editor’s note: Though charged, defendants are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.