• Aug. 8 at midnight: Shannon Rush, 24, of Wellington, was arrested on a warrant through the Oberlin police department for contempt of court.
• Aug. 8 at 1:48 p.m.: A woman said she was punched in the face at a South Main Street apartment and that the assault suspect also allegedly stole two cell phones.
• Aug. 8 at 3:10 p.m.: The electrical conduit on top of Gibson’s Bakery was torn from the brackets on the walls of the business.
• Aug. 8 at 6:52 p.m.: Jeffrey Arndt, 38, of Oberlin, was charged with theft, obstruction, vehicle trespass, and disorderly conduct by intoxication. His arrest came after a complaint that someone was trying to break into vehicles on South Cedar Street. Police searched the woods along Morgan Street and tackled Arndt when he refused to comply with their orders to stop, according to a report.
• Aug. 8 at 11:19 p.m.: A woman said she lost control of her bike on East College Street when a car passed too close. She fell, hit her head, and was knocked unconscious, the woman told police. Her head and hip were injured.
• Aug. 9 at 8:50 p.m.: An employee at Great Clips reported a suspicious man who she felt had wanted to rob the store.
• Aug. 10 at 1:56 a.m.: Desmond Maxwell, 36, of Elyria, was charged with failure to reinstate his driver’s license. A report said a random registration check revealed he had seven suspensions on his license.
Editor’s note: Though charged, defendants are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU