• Aug. 11 at 10:19 a.m.: A purse was reported stolen from a vehicle.
• Aug. 12 at 3:48 a.m.: A glass smoking pipe was turned over to police by Oberlin College security.
• Aug. 13 at 5:30 p.m.: A purse was reported stolen during an event on South Main Street.
• Aug. 14 at 12:15 a.m.: An officer smelled marijuana coming from a South Pleasant Street home and confiscated suspected pot.
• Aug. 14 at 9:08 a.m.: Someone placed what appeared to be cat poop in an employee’s mailbox at Oberlin College. She told police that earlier this year, someone had spit on and placed a half-eaten piece of candy on her time card.
• Aug. 16 at 2:24 p.m.: A burglary was reported on West Lorain Street.
• Aug. 16 at 6:30 p.m.: Police responded to McDonald’s, where a man allegedly broke a door because he was upset over a personal issue.
• Aug. 17 at 12:30 p.m.: A North Main Street landlord, who recently evicted two people, reported damage to the unit.
• Aug. 17 at 9:08 p.m.: Three stone statues were reported stolen from a Beech Street yard.
• Aug. 18 at 11:11 a.m.: Brian Rollins, 38, of Lorain, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court through Lorain County 911, an original theft charge through the Avon police, and failure to appear in court on a theft charge through Elyria Municipal Court.
• Aug. 19 at 7:31 p.m.: Amber Loss was arrested on a warrant for allegedly failing to file 2012 and 2013 income tax returns through the Ashland police department.
• Aug. 20 at 12:30 p.m.: A man said he caught a juvenile inside his girlfriend’s car. An envelope containing $500 was reported stolen or missing.
Editor’s note: Though charged, defendants are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU