Nine women will speak Oct. 5, sharing their experiences in leadership roles and passing on what they’ve learned.
The Oberlin Business Partnership will sponsor the event from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. that Thursday at the New Russia Township lodge.
The event is developed by Leadercast, a Georgia-based organization. Speakers will share real life stories to provide a blueprint and give attendees hope for a better future both personally and professionally.
“There are many smart women in Lorain County,” said Oberlin Business Partnership executive director Janet Haar. “There doesn’t seem to be a group or an organization where we can network, learn, and grow.”
Her long-term goal is to create a women’s leadership network program where women inspire other women and engage in activities that promote growth and learning several times during the year.
• Laura Vanderkam, author of “I Know How She Does It” and “What the Most Successful People Do Before Breakfast.”
• Neeta Bhushan, speaker, author, and socially-conscious entrepreneur.
• Bernice King, CEO of The King Center, founder of Be A King, and author of “Hard Questions, Heart Answers.”
• Ginger Hardage, former senior vice president of culture and communications with Southwest Airlines.
• “Mama Jan” Smith, a multi-platinum vocal coach and Grammy-nominated producer.
• Shabnam Mogharabi, CEO and executive producer of SoulPancake.
• Jenn Lim, CEO and chief happiness officer of Delivering Happiness.
• Tammy Tibbetts CEO and co-founder of She’s the First.
• Molly Fletcher, former sports agent and author.
“We need more women in leadership roles and by showcasing these amazing role models Leadercast is helping to create a culture that not only values the accomplishments of the speakers but encourages more women to step up,” said event host Dana Barrett.
Margie Flynn will be the Oberlin Business Partnership’s guest presenter. She is principal and co-founder of BrownFlynn, a business management consultant in Cleveland.
Barb Brown and Flynn wrote the book, “Uplifting Leaders* (*Who Happen To Be Women),” capturing insights and stories from some successful women leaders to empower and uplift others as they seek to progress in their lives and careers.
Proceeds from the book are donated to the YWCA of Greater Cleveland’s Nurturing Independence and Aspirations program to support the education of young women transitioning out of foster care.
For more information about the Leadercast Women event, visit www.facebook.com/leadercastwomen.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU