Vigil honors overdose victims
LORAIN COUNTY FAIR: Meet queen Jessica Urig
Congratulations, bingo winners!
Babysitter gets 5 years for toddler’s death
Tony Siqi Yun reigns at 2018 Cooper finals
- POLICE REPORTS - 1:44 pm
- Stannard helps train techs of tomorrow - 9:27 am
- Are you a law breaker? - 9:03 am updated: 11:19 am.
- Oberlin man indicted in 2017 crash - 8:46 am
- Senior pantry stocks shelves - 8:39 am
- Oberlin woman sued over horse crash - 8:56 am
- 9/11 ceremony asks for unity - 2:00 pm
- POLICE REPORTS - 1:49 pm
- Heat wave closures were tough call - 1:22 pm updated: 1:49 pm.
- Riggs earns prestigious American Degree - 12:49 pm
- New crosswalk on South Pleasant - 11:51 am
- GPS will help kids catch the school bus - 11:48 am updated: 11:53 am.
- When is homecoming? - 10:42 am
- Medical marijuana delayed - 10:36 am
- Oberlin man stabbed to death - 9:30 am
- Oberlin senior center needs nonperishable food donations this weekend - 8:45 am
- Pyle-South Amherst to get a makeover - 1:54 pm
- Put brush at the curb from Sept. 17 to Oct. 14. - 8:53 am
- FUNDRAISER: ‘I would have walked until I dropped’ - 10:42 am
- Symposium to honor late Oberlin College philosophy professor Tim Hall - 10:09 am
- Council continues to pressure FERC - 9:14 am
- Returning college students spur economy - 3:06 pm
- Vigil honors overdose victims - 2:47 pm
- First Church close to housing immigrants - 2:27 pm
- Charges stem from Sunday chase - 2:21 pm
Riggs earns prestigious American Degree
Kyle Riggs will be awarded one of the National FFA Organization’s highest honors, the American Degree, this fall.It will be conferred at the Nat...
New crosswalk on South Pleasant
A crosswalk will be constructed on South Pleasant Street to connect the city’s municipal complex and the Oberlin Public Library to Park Street P...
GPS will help kids catch the school bus
It happens every winter: Parents call the Oberlin City Schools to complain about late buses and children left standing in the freezing cold.Now distri...
When is homecoming?
• Amherst — Oct. 5 vs. Avon Lake• Avon — Sept. 28 vs. Westlake• Avon Lake — Sept. 28 vs. North Ridgeville• B...
Oberlin man stabbed to death
A 38-year-old Oberlin resident was apparently stabbed to death Wednesday, Sept. 5 at Windsor Elementary School in Elyria.Responding to a tip that a pe...
FOOTBALL: Falcons long-bomb a win over Phoenix
The turnover bug bit Oberlin for the second straight week, as the Lutheran East Falcons soared past the home Phoenix on Friday for a 42-8 win.While th...
FOOTBALL: Oberlin stumbles in season opener
A flurry of turnovers in the shadow of their own goalpost spelled a 56-13 defeat for the Oberlin Phoenix on Friday in their season opener against the ...
VOLLEYBALL: Spikers rule in season opener
Photos by Erik Andrews | Oberlin News-TribuneKicking off the 2018 season, Oberlin won 2-0 over Lake Ridge (25-18, 25-22) in a Saturday tri-match. In t...
BOYS SOCCER: Tough start for Phoenix
Erik Andrews | Oberlin News-TribuneSenior Cole Thompson fends off a defender in Monday’s 8-0 loss to the Elyria Pioneers. The Oberlin Phoenix dr...
VARSITY PHOENIX SCHEDULES
FOOTBALL• Friday, Aug. 10, 7:35 p.m.: Tri-scrimmage with Lakewood and Oberlin at Bay High School Memorial Stadium• Friday, Aug. 17 at 6 p....
FOOTBALL 2018: Firelands thinking big
Transitioning to a new head coach in 2017 couldn’t have gone any better for Firelands football.The program turned to Ryan O’Rourke as its ...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
After Parkland, two Lorain County moms are demanding action
Talking to her 13-year-old daughter about school shootings broke Pam Vandersommen’s heart.“She’s so young, and to teach her how to p...
SURVEY: Big slice of Lorain County’s population wrestles with gambling
About 28,254 Lorain County residents are problem gamblers or at risk of becoming so, according to an analysis released in late February.More than 24,0...
Four decades later, DaQuan Williams explores Moses Hogan’s contributions
In high school and community youth choirs in Chicago, DaQuan Williams regularly performed spirituals and gospel music arranged by renowned conductor M...
Treasured Rembrandt’s prints on exhibit at Allen Memorial Art Museum
Sixty prints by Rembrandt will be on display from Feb. 6 to May 13 at the Allen Memorial Art Museum in Oberlin. “Lines of Inquiry: Learning from...
Ban books? Not at our library
What do “The Great Gatsby,” “Captain Underpants” and “The Lorax” have in common? They’ve all been banned fro...
Oberlin community volunteers help bring family of refugees to Northeast Ohio
A Somali family’s dream of coming to the United States is finally a reality, thanks in part to a group from Oberlin’s Sacred Heart Catholi...
We can trust Lundy
To the editor:It is important to have people serving in our government that we can trust. Having observed and worked with Matt Lundy on community issu...
Report cards are about poverty
To the editor:State school report cards have once again been published, with local schools ranging between an overall A or an F. Questions abound abou...
Eat healthy! (Sweets are good too)
Here’s a challenge: Try to send your kids to school with healthy lunches and no junk food.I see too many overweight kids nowadays. Pack fruits a...
Slow-cooker season is coming
Why does summer go by so fast? It seems like winter lingers on so long. Soon the leaves will be turning so many colors.I found some more recipes for v...
Focus on the problem, not the flag
To the editor:America paid tribute last week to Aretha Franklin and John McCain because they both strove hard to make “America Greater than Ever...
Cracking down on overdraft fees
Bank executives shouldn’t be allowed to scam hardworking families to pay for a CEO’s yacht. But that’s what’s happening as exp...