OHS GRADUATION: Survivors and independent thinkers
Always have a joke up your sleeve, humorist David Sedaris tells Oberlin College grads
At senior ceremony, Zurowski tells graduating classmates to follow their dreams
LET US NEVER FORGET: Fallen police honored in stirring ceremony
County gets its first needle exchange
- Check out the 2018 Summer Concert Series - 9:45 am
- Get help staying cool this summer - 9:35 am
- Car crashes into Dollar General - 3:31 pm
- Man faces felony gun, drug charges - 3:29 pm
- Heritage Center offers summer camps for kids - 12:17 pm
- Always time to follow your dreams - 11:05 am
- Medical experts: Take precautions in extreme heat - 10:50 am
- Paint the town at Oberlin Chalk Walk - 10:42 am
- Summer theater opens with ‘Little Women’ - 10:10 am
- Scammers don’t take summer break - 1:48 pm
- Curiosity shop opens downtown - 11:58 am
- We’re collecting for Second Harvest - 10:36 am
- Board seeks levy for new school - 7:23 am
- POLICE REPORTS - 12:52 pm
- Elkan heading to summit in Jerusalem - 9:47 am
- Sidewalk and paving plans for summer - 3:30 pm
- Smith faces adult murder charge - 4:59 pm
- LGBT issues get support from 25 & Proud - 4:16 pm
- Residents to pay storm water fee in 2019 - 1:30 pm
- Mudd library to bear civil rights hero’s name - 9:22 am
- $31K settlement with pro-gun group - 1:00 pm
- Aggravated vehicular homicide indictment in cyclist’s death - 11:19 am
- POLICE REPORTS - 9:01 am
- Orange to protest gun violence - 8:49 am updated: 10:52 am.
- Officer tries to solve 1962 Oberlin murder case - 8:10 am
Scammers don’t take summer break
Home improvement and travel-related schemes are among the summer scams prompting a warning from the Ohio attorney general’s office.“Scams ...
Curiosity shop opens downtown
It’s difficult to describe exactly what Mad Cow Curiosity Shop is about, said owner Brent Coward.Handmade incense, records, video games, clothin...
We’re collecting for Second Harvest
Staff photoWe’re holding a “Soup-er Summer” drive to benefit the nonprofit Second Harvest Food Bank of North Central Ohio. For the n...
• May 30 at 10:38 p.m.: Graffiti was discovered on the Morgan Street Reservoir barn.• May 31 at 3:15 p.m.: Two cell phones were reported s...
Elkan heading to summit in Jerusalem
Rabbi Shlomo Elkan of Oberlin will join more than 150 of the Jewish world’s leading young innovators from 29 countries this month in Jerusalem f...
SOFTBALL: Rivas leads hopes for another playoff run
An up-and-down 2017 regular season gave way to a memorable playoff run for Oberlin softball, which defeated Wellington 1-0 in the Division III section...
The local quilt guild: Dinosaur or hidden gem?
As the president of the Lorain County Piecemakers Quilt Guild, I attend quilting lectures across Northeast Ohio.While attending a quilting lecture alo...
BOYS BASKETBALL: Chambers delivers last second victory over Raiders
Recognizing who had the hot hand paid big dividends for the Phoenix as they held off the hard-charging Columbia Raiders 51-48 in their regular season ...
GIRLS BASKETBALL: Phoenix hang tough with Dukes
On the final day of the regular season, Oberlin celebrated the careers of their three senior student-athletes, Danielle Amato, Kiah Fields, and Camero...
Phoenix easily corral Longhorns 67-39
During the pre-game talk, it became clear to coach Kurt Russell that little additional motivation was needed for Friday’s game.“Earlier in...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Treasured Rembrandt’s prints on exhibit at Allen Memorial Art Museum
Sixty prints by Rembrandt will be on display from Feb. 6 to May 13 at the Allen Memorial Art Museum in Oberlin. “Lines of Inquiry: Learning from...
Ban books? Not at our library
What do “The Great Gatsby,” “Captain Underpants” and “The Lorax” have in common? They’ve all been banned fro...
Oberlin community volunteers help bring family of refugees to Northeast Ohio
A Somali family’s dream of coming to the United States is finally a reality, thanks in part to a group from Oberlin’s Sacred Heart Catholi...
Gyorody to oversee some of AMAM’s most famous works
Andrea Gyorody will oversee important paintings by Claude Monet, Pablo Picasso, and Andy Warhol at the Allen Memorial Art Museum starting April 3.As t...
Funding loss, rising costs close Ohio Dance Theatre
Ohio Dance Theatre has been dealt a big funding blow and will close its doors June 30 after a quarter-century in Oberlin.Dance classes will continue t...
Praise but hope for an apology
To the editor:I join with many Americans in praising President Donald Trump’s willingness to take the risk of meeting with the North Korean Pres...
NEXUS and the city
To the editor:In my opinion, once it was decided NEXUS had prevailed, the city should have been elated with the $100,000 offer from NEXUS for the amou...
Stars and Stripes ‘speak’ on Flag Day
I’ve been to the moon. I’ve been burned. But more often I’m honored.I’m your American flag.With 13 stars for colonies clamorin...
Cobbler and shortcake? Yes, please!
I’m on my porch swing writing this and drinking a cup of coffee; it has rained during the night but it’s not cold out.I’m fixing a t...
The two-party system is killing us
Individuals have a diversity of religious beliefs, moral values, and cultural traditions. Beliefs, values, and traditions affect opinions on areas of ...
ICE actions don’t reflect family values
To the editor:The current immigration enforcement debacles in Sandusky and the literal ripping of children from their parents’ arms have demonst...