Congratulations, bingo winners!
Babysitter gets 5 years for toddler’s death
Tony Siqi Yun reigns at 2018 Cooper finals
PUMPING IRON: Teens getting ready for fall sports season
Teachers are loading up their shopping carts
- Oberlin College prepares to welcome freshmen - 9:41 am
- Four Leaf Clovers successful at state fair - 8:34 am
- Billboards criticize Confederate flag sales - 3:11 pm updated: 3:15 pm.
- Congratulations, bingo winners! - 1:47 pm
- FFA members honored at Scholarship Night - 11:53 am
- Garrett challenges Jordan to debates - 9:21 am updated: 9:22 am.
- OBERLIN SCHOOL BUS ROUTES - 9:51 am
- BACK TO SCHOOL: Eibel to lead Eastwood, Prospect - 12:39 pm
- BACK TO SCHOOL: Scott to lead Langston and OHS - 12:00 pm
- BACK TO SCHOOL: Hall outlines Oberlin City Schools’ priorities - 11:27 am
- BACK TO SCHOOL: New graduation avenue at Lorain County JVS - 8:00 am
- OHS marching a big band - 7:55 am
- POLICE REPORTS - 2:12 pm
- Lots to do at the Lorain County Fair! - 10:52 am
- Author celebrates 100th birthday - 1:47 pm
- Wheeling for a world title - 1:26 pm
- College wellness center nears completion - 12:57 pm
- PHOTOS: Summer feels endless at downtown fair - 3:00 pm
- POLICE REPORTS - 1:00 pm
- Need a buddy? LCPH can help - 11:13 am
- Hit-skip victim to be honored - 1:00 pm
- Volunteers needed to help children - 12:56 pm
- Hunger affects 16 percent of Ohio homes - 12:09 pm
- When do Lorain County schools start? - 11:23 am
- Kalyn hired as president of New England Conservatory - 9:53 am
BACK TO SCHOOL: Hall outlines Oberlin City Schools’ priorities
Peer pressure can be hard to resist, which is why Oberlin City Schools superintendent David Hall wants to give students every tool he can to boost the...
BACK TO SCHOOL: New graduation avenue at Lorain County JVS
A new path to graduation has been opened up for Lorain County JVS high school students as they prepare to report to class on Monday, Aug. 27.In additi...
OHS marching a big band
Numbering 64 strong, the Oberlin High School band is the largest to march the school’s field since the turn of the millennium, director Len Gniz...
• Aug. 3 at 9:03 a.m.: A man and woman reportedly took packages from the porch of a neighboring home.• Aug. 6 at 12:13 p.m.: A suspect wan...
Lots to do at the Lorain County Fair!
Is there anything better than biting into a fresh Italian sausage?Or taking your kids to see bunny rabbits, calves, roosters, and ponies?Or waving fro...
Author celebrates 100th birthday
Laurie Hamame | Oberlin News-TribuneIdabelle Berg’s mouth dropped Tuesday when her friends at Welcome Nursing Home in Oberlin surprised her with...
SOCCER: Alumni outscore varsity boys 6-2
Photos by Erik Andrews | Oberlin News-TribuneAlumni topped the Oberlin Phoenix varsity roster 6-2. Former players led 2-1 at the half, then exploded f...
SOCCER: At the Adidas Showcase
Photos by Russ Gifford | Oberlin News-TribuneThe soccer preseason is underway and this past weekend the Phoenix headed to Strongsville for the Adidas ...
Lorain County League ready to roll
The Lorain County League is officially back and could begin play as early as 2019.A switch from the dissolving Patriot Athletic Conference was approve...
BASEBALL: Hail to the seniors
Photo by Craig EnosPhoenix players Matt Rasmussen, Chris Palmer, and Zach Slimak pose with family members on Senior Night. Oberlin thumped Wellington ...
SOFTBALL: Split double-header against Clearview
Erik Andrews | Oberlin News-TribuneBryanna Rivas connects Saturday as the Phoenix took on the Clippers in a double-header at Oberlin College Field. In...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
After Parkland, two Lorain County moms are demanding action
Talking to her 13-year-old daughter about school shootings broke Pam Vandersommen’s heart.“She’s so young, and to teach her how to p...
SURVEY: Big slice of Lorain County’s population wrestles with gambling
About 28,254 Lorain County residents are problem gamblers or at risk of becoming so, according to an analysis released in late February.More than 24,0...
Four decades later, DaQuan Williams explores Moses Hogan’s contributions
In high school and community youth choirs in Chicago, DaQuan Williams regularly performed spirituals and gospel music arranged by renowned conductor M...
Treasured Rembrandt’s prints on exhibit at Allen Memorial Art Museum
Sixty prints by Rembrandt will be on display from Feb. 6 to May 13 at the Allen Memorial Art Museum in Oberlin. “Lines of Inquiry: Learning from...
Ban books? Not at our library
What do “The Great Gatsby,” “Captain Underpants” and “The Lorax” have in common? They’ve all been banned fro...
Oberlin community volunteers help bring family of refugees to Northeast Ohio
A Somali family’s dream of coming to the United States is finally a reality, thanks in part to a group from Oberlin’s Sacred Heart Catholi...
Who doesn’t love campfire food?
I’ve been hungry for zucchini and banana nut bread.I need to find some small-size zucchini as they’re more moist and the bread turns out b...
Don’t take away the spark of life
In a world of competing voices and values, it is often very difficult to make sense of what is happening around us. Even the most rudimentary decision...
Ohio fairs offer fair deal
We’re blessed in Ohio.Be it our natural resources, our climate, our places or our people — we are lucky to live where we do. This summer a...
Hope for FERC changes
To the editor:On behalf of Communities for Safe and Sustainable Energy I want to follow up on the excellent article in last week’s issue headlin...
Opioids’ impact on the Ohio workforce
Our economy is growing and businesses are expanding and looking for workers.Go on www.ohiomeansjobs.com today and you will see more than 140,000 jobs ...
Preventing cancer in firefighters
In emergencies, while the rest of us run from danger, firefighters run toward it. And when they rush into the flames they’re not just putting th...