The 23rd Annual Oberlin Concert Series will be held from 7-9 p.m. on Fridays this summer at the Clark Bandstand on Tappan Square.
Performances are sponsored by the Oberlin Business Partnership, Oberlin Rotary Club, and Lorain National Bank.
Take the family downtown with blankets or lawn chairs and listen to music under the stars. Vendors will be on hand to offer treats during concerts and Peppy the Clown will return for another season to entertain children of all ages.
• June 26: The Patriots Symphonic Band will play patriotic songs, popular music, show tunes, and original compositions for big band vocals featuring Avon Lake resident Lorrie Coughlin.
• July 3: The Volunteers of the U.S. Army Field Band will tell the Army story through rock, pop, country, and patriotic music.
• July 10: Motor City Gold will entertain with musical styles including urban, R&B, urban, and Motown.
• July 17: Music and Dance on the Square will feature the NEOS Dance Group, the MAD Factory, and the Oberlin Music School.
• July 24: Soul PropRioters, Oberlin’s town-gown band, will bring funk, blues, folk, and pop-inspired original songs.
• July 31: Austin Walkin’ Cane will play the blues featuring slide guitar and smokey vocals.
• Aug. 7: Oberlin’s Jazz Band will play jazz standards and forward-thinking original songs.
• Aug. 14: Lockwood All-Stars, the backing band for Robert Lockwood, will carry on the tradition of Delta and Chicago blues.
All shows are free. Donations are welcome.
There will be “door” prizes and raffles for tickets to Cleveland Indians games.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU