• Jan. 25, time unreported by police: A plastic bag containing suspected marijuana buds and an ashtray containing burnt marijuana cigarettes were turned over to Oberlin police. Oberlin College security found the the items.
• Jan. 26 at 11:21 p.m.: A staff member at Mercy Allen Hospital contacted police in reference to a woman with suspicious injuries. A man told officers the woman fell out a car. Police are investigating the incident.
• Jan. 27 at 5:59 p.m.: Police responded to a father and son yelling at each other on South Park Street. The father told police his son was disrespectful to him and punched the wall. The juvenile told police he got in trouble at school and when he came home his father started yelling at him and shoving him. A report said the boy was taken to his grandmother’s for the night. This case is being given to the department’s school resource officer for his review.
• Jan. 27 at 11:19 p.m.: A juvenile allegedly threatened to cut herself with a knife after getting into an argument with her mother. The mother told police she was able to convince the girl to put down the knife and then she left the house without permission. A report said no charges were pursued against the juvenile but she needs to get mental health treatment.
• Jan. 28 at 11:30 a.m.: A $250 cell phone was reported stolen from a high school student’s backpack.
• Jan. 28 at 2:55 p.m.: Matthew Noble Jr., 41, of Lorain, was arrested on a contempt of court warrant through the Lorain County Sheriff’s Office.
• Jan. 29 at 12:41 a.m.: Amber Cathey, 26, of Elyria, was charged with obstructing official business and possession of marijuana. An officer conducted a traffic stop after noticing the rear license plate light was not working on a vehicle. A report said a young man was driving the car and had a temporary driver’s license. Cathey was in the passenger seat and identified herself as Ashley Cathey.
The officer discovered Cathey had two active warrants through the Lorain County Sheriff’s Office and Lorain police department for failure to appear on traffic violations. Cathey also had a suspended Ohio driver’s license. She told police there was a bag of marijuana in the front of her pants. The driver was issued a temporary permit violation citation through the Lorain County Juvenile Court.