• July 22 at 4:20 p.m.: Police responded to a vandalism complaint on Kimberley Circle. A report said a yard sign had a swastika and the word “white” written in purple paint.
• July 25 at 8:49 a.m.: Officers responded to the back door of an abandoned house on Lincoln Street being open. A report said police found the rear door open and a window in the kitchen was kicked in from the outside. There were no signs of a person living inside.
• July 26 at 10:49 p.m.: Eugene Truhlar, 23, of Oberlin, was charged with leaving the scene of a crash and failure to control. A report said Truhlar was traveling east on West College Street when he struck a parked car and continued down the road before stopping the vehicle to walk with a passenger to Mercy Allen Hospital in Oberlin.
• July 27 at 4:35 p.m.: A man reported a package stolen from his porch on East Lorain Street. The man told police the package contained speakers, phone charger, lens magnifier, and camera worth $139.
• July 28 at 3:44 p.m.: Torrie Hinds, 28, of Lorain, was charged with resisting arrest and obstructing official business. A report said Hinds and a woman were arguing and Hinds wanted all of his items out of the house. The woman asked for Hinds’ keys because he is not on the lease and he refused to give them to police. Hinds also allegedly walked away from police and would not allow an officer to handcuff him.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU