• Aug. 10 at 1:15 a.m.: Carmen Porter, 52, of Amherst, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and failing a breath test. A report said a Certified gas station employee contacted police after noticing Porter swerving while driving her vehicle and talking “nonsense” inside the store.
• Aug. 10 at 1:47 p.m.: A man contacted police after discovering several copper water pipes and drills were stolen from his house on Kimberly Circle.
• Aug. 11 at 2 p.m.: David Nester, 23, of Elyria, was charged with theft of several items worth $54.38 from Wal-Mart.
• Aug. 13 at 6:30 p.m.: Officers responded to someone allegedly entering a house on West College Street. A report said nothing was taken from the home but two cigarettes were found inside the house.
• Aug. 14 at 2:29 a.m.: Robert Stecky, 39, of Oberlin, was charged with menacing after allegedly threatening to shoot a woman and threw bottles of alcohol at her front door. A report said Stecky emailed the woman saying, “Please don’t force me to shoot you,” after she declined a job offer and showed up at her job and house.
• Aug. 15 at 11:53 a.m.: Benjamin Duensing, 31, of LaGrange, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear for a pretrial hearing.
• Aug. 17 at 6:13 p.m.: Madison Spangenberg, 19, of Wellington, was charged with theft of a purse and female clothes worth $116.42 from Wal-Mart.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU