To the editor:
When you vote in Oberlin in the upcoming election, please cast one of your votes for Linda Slocum for city council. Here’s why.
During her first term on council Linda has demonstrated her ability to build solutions across differences of opinion. She listens well to her council colleagues and to people from each slice of the Oberlin population. She actively seeks out ideas that build on Oberlin’s many strengths while also challenging our ready assumptions.
In her second term on council Linda plans, in part, to:
• Improve our aging housing stock by making homes comfortable, efficient, and affordable.
• Attract new business and industry while increasing job and housing opportunities.
• Work with schools and industry to train local talent.
• Give residents greater say about infrastructure and playgrounds in their neighborhoods.
• Improve public transportation while supporting sidewalk and bicycle connectivity.
Your vote for Linda Slocum is a vote for inclusive and creative governance and effective problem solutions.